Effective Date: Jan 1, 2020
Last Updated: Jan 1, 2020
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website here.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, signature, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number, insurance policy number, medical information or health insurance information; physical characteristics or description, and other similar identifiers (“Identifiers”); payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; biometric information; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences drawn from any of the above-identified information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, meaning our interests in conducting our business, fulfilling orders and processing transactions, and managing and providing services to you, which include the following:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our business;
- Fulfilling orders and processing transactions;
- Managing and providing services to you;
- Responding to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
- Customizing your browsing and shopping experience on the Website. We use information about your browsing and shopping activities to bring you a custom shopping experience, by offering products and advertisements tailored to your interests (please see our Cookies section below);
- Keeping you informed of administrative changes to our Website, including changes to our terms and conditions and other policies, and other information regarding the Website;
- Conducting market research, which informs our marketing strategy and enables us to present you with a browsing experience tailored to your interests. For example, we create user profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications;
- Maintaining basic records, so that we may respond to and honor your requests to delete your data and prohibit future unwanted processing;
- Preventing fraud, criminal activity, and misuses of our Website. We also use this information to block prohibited resellers from accessing our website and to safeguard the security of this Website, as well as our infrastructural security;
- Complying with legal obligations and process, and to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, and property, as well as your rights, privacy, safety, and property, and that of our affiliates and third parties;
- Administering special offers, including contests, promotions, surveys, and other interactive Website experiences; Enabling us to publish your reviews, photos, videos and other content;
- Applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- Communicating with you, including through email. We may use the email address which you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your orders, as well as occasional news, updates, and information about our company and related products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please refer to the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates or our partners that may be of interest to you.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need to retain your Personal Information, it will be deleted or be anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to making sure your privacy is protected when you use our Website and when we collect information from you. We take the security of your information seriously, and implement a variety of security measures to maintain safety of all Personal Information you provide. For example, Personal Information you provide to us will be. We also make sure that third parties we use to process your Personal Information also use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
When we collect sensitive information like your credit card information, social security numbers, financials, etc., that information is encrypted and securely transmitted. For example, we use a secure server for transmitting sensitive information. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. You can verify that this sensitive information is being transmitted securely by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
After a transaction is completed, your sensitive information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or stored on our Website.
DO NOT TRACK (DNT) SIGNALS
We only have access to or collect information that you provide us through your use of the Website. We do not track users over time and across third party websites. Accordingly, this Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies enable websites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For example, you may use our cookies to stay logged in when you exit a browser window. You may read more about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies) are so essential to the functioning of our website that you cannot opt out of them. However, you can choose to accept, decline, or withdraw consent to other cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features or services on our Website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and the information they store.
The association with your shopping cart.
Allows pages to be displayed more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
An encrypted version of your customer id.
An indicator if you are signed into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores your Customer Segment ID
A flag that, indicates whether caching is on or off.
Your session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The last product you looked at.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The items you recently compared.
Information on products you emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
Indicates whether a customer authorized cookies.
The products that you recently looked at.
An encrypted list of products added to your wish list.
The number of items in your wish list.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Carry out essential services of our website, including tracking sign-ups and processing payments. Because our website cannot function without use of these cookies, you may not opt out of them.
- Privy – More information here.
- Recharge – More information here.
- ShareASale – More information here.
- Amazon Pay – More information here.
Analytics Cookies: Provide information about how visitors arrive at and use our site. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Kissmetrics – More information here; you may opt out on that page.
- Google Analytics – More information here; opt out here.
Functional Cookies: Give visitors a better browsing experience, such as the opportunity to leave product reviews. You may opt out of these cookies by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- com – More information here.
- com – More information here.
Marketing Cookies: Facilitate targeted and affiliate marketing. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Instagram – More information here.
- Facebook – More information, and opt out information here.
- com – More information here.
- com – More information here.
- com/co.uk – More information here; opt out here.
- Google Tag Manager – More information here; opt out here.
- net – More information here; opt out here.
- Giphy – More information here.
- com – More information here; you may opt out on that page.
Browser Opt-Out: Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Additionally, many advertising services allow you to opt out of targeted advertising. You may find more information in the resources available at the Network Advertising Initiative, http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Mobile devices: Note that these resources may not work to turn off cookies on mobile devices. Every mobile device is different. Here are some resources for turning off cookies for popular mobile browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox (Android)
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Other than as described herein, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. We may share your Personal Information with our parent entity, American International Industries, a limited partnership composed of Glamour Industries Co., ARYZ Corp. ERX Corp., SRYZ Corp. and RAZY Properties, Inc., and businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Ardell International Inc. and/or American International Industries, as well as with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business and servicing you, including providers of hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers for the management or hosting of the Website; payment processors; order and subscription management and fulfillment services; e-commerce platforms; rating and reviews platforms; email communication and customer support services; and web analytics, marketing and digital advertising services, so long as those parties agree not to use the information for their direct marketing purpose, to keep this information confidential and use appropriate security measures to protect your data. We may also disclose your information as required under applicable law, to enforce our Website policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you, not more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose during the 12-month period preceding your request, which shall include as follows:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- You have the right to request the deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information; however, we do not sell your personal information.
Do not sell my data request.
For California residents only. Use the link to opt-out of sale of Personal Information:
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; professional or employment-related information; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
- We have not sold consumers’ personal information in the preceding 12 months.
Effective January 1, 2020, if you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us by telephone at 1-800-621-9585 or click here [redirect to a website address with a form]. We may need to verify your identity to enable us to process your request. Disclosure and deletion is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request and exceptions or limitations established by applicable laws and regulations.
CALIFORNIA MINORS WHO ARE REGISTERED USERS
If you are under the age of 18, reside in California and are a registered user of the Website, you have the right to request that we remove content or information you posted on the Website. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Minors Content Removal” in the subject line of your message. Please note that our removal of content or information you posted may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
NEVADA ONLINE PRIVACY LAW
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to make any sale of personally identifiable information we have collected or will collect about you. We do not sell your personal information. To request confirmation that we do not sell your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com with “Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are a general audience site. Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone under 16 years of age, any information regarding that user will be promptly deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 16 years of age, please contact us by using the information below.
RIGHTS UNDER THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
If you are located in the European Economic Area and provide your consent, and later wish to withdraw your consent, please visit our Preferences page here
Under the GDPR, consumers in the European Economic Area are afforded particular rights in relation to their personal rights. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information from us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to us processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of your country if you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handle your Personal Information.
Please contact our EU Representative [name] at [email] or contact us at the following mailing and email addresses:
Mailing Address: 2220 Gaspar Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90040
Mailing Address: 2220 Gaspar Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90040